During the Bachelor Program, EHL Students have the privilege to spend a day in the 3-star Michelin restaurant: L’Hôtel de Ville, in Crissier, Switzerland.
They learn about the establishment history and philosophy, discover the backstage of the operations before enjoying a wonderful meal as guests.
We have compiled some of their impressions below:
How would you describe your experience in 1 word?
Amazing – Unique – Unforgettable – Informative – Impressive – Magical – Phenomenal – Invaluable - Eye-opening - Fascinating - Impressive - Worth it
What lesson will you remember for the rest of your life?
- Teamwork is what moves the whole operation forward
- Passion brings forth excellence
- Hard work pays off
- With great notoriety comes great responsibility
- That an expensive meal is worth it once in a while
- Presentation of the food is critical
- Never feel sorry for yourself
- In order to reach your goal, give everything, every little effort is appreciated and counts for the final result
- There is no such thing as problem, there are only solutions
- Strive for the best
- Dedication on job whole year
- Adapt business to the customer demands
Do you think this completes your EHL curriculum? How?
For sure it does. Having already worked in the Berceau des Sens for a week and a half, I was able to compare the two restaurants and to evaluate what is different and similar between the two. I think it is a great opportunity for all of us to visit a restaurant that has such a great reputation. It was a wonderful experience. Thank you!
Yes, because the chef pointed out many useful techniques and tips on how to keep the staff motivated, how to manage the produces, or how to manage a fine dining restaurant in general.
Definitely! It gives us an opportunity to see how a fine dining restaurant works outside of school and only proves that what we learn at EHL is up to date with what really happens in the industry.