Today, sherbet is renowned in pastry as a frozen version. Originally Sherbet was unfrozen and consist of rubbing sugar lump against lemons skin to extract the natural oil.
Recently Mixologist has been inspired from this well-known recipe to create a different type of syrup.
Lime Sherbet recipe
- 1 Glass of lime zest,
- 3 glass of white sugar,
- 3 glass of water.
- Macerate your lime zest with the sugar from 24 to 48 hours.
- In a pan boiled the water up to 100°C
- Add your maceration ( lime zest + sugar mixed)
- Filter while it’s hot with a clean dishcloth
- Cool down the mixture for 12 hours with a cleaned film on the top
- Pour it in a clean bottle and keep it in the fridge
Inspired from “Gian Paolo Feminis” an Italian gentlemen responsible for the popularity of the Bergamot Fruit outside Italy this sour cocktail is very refreshing with its delicate fragrance.
- 4 cl Gin infused with Earl Grey
- 0,5 cl Passion fruit Puree
- 2,5cl Lime Juice
- 1cl Lime Sherbet
- 1.5cl Italicus Liqueur
- 2 Dash Homemade Bitters
- 1,5cl Egg White
- Add all the ingredients into Shaker
- Shake Vigorously
Author: Louise Pascot, Lecturer Practical Arts at EHL