From starred restaurant tables to embassies, the new chef of the Berceau des Sens, Cédric Bourassin, has acquired unique expertise that he shares with students and clients in our Michelin Star gastronomic restaurant.
Today we share one of these recipes published on the Gault & Millau website.
The ingredients you will need for this recipe:
For the soup
- 1kg of parsnip
- 1L of cream
- Salt, pepper
For the chestnut puree
- 1kg of chestnuts
- 1L of cream
- PM water
- 1g of vanilla powder
For the garnish and decoration
- 3 pieces of parsley root
- 1 yellow beetroot cut into spaghettis or julienne
- 1 pickle of red onion
- Parsnip pearls
- Mustard sprouts
- Brussel sprouts leaves
- Melanosporum truffle
- 5 mini-baguettes
For the pickles
- Same amount of water, vinegar and sugar
Follow these steps to prepare the recipe:
FOR THE SOUP
- Cook the parsnip with the peel in aluminium foil in the oven at 190°C (374°F) for 2 hours.
- Cut the parsnip into small pieces.
- Simmer them in the cream for 15 minutes.
- Blend while still hot, put aside
FOR THE CHESTNUT PUREE
- Roast the chestnuts in the oven at 190°C (374°F), check the coloration and stir them regularly until they turn blond.
- Put them in the cream and continue the simmer cooking.
- When the chestnuts are soft, blend in small quantities adding a bit of water in order to obtain a thick yet creamy puree.
- Add the vanilla, stir and put aside.
FOR THE GARNISH AND DECORATION
- Carve parsnip pearls and blanch them.
- Carve parsley root sticks and blanch them.
- Carve some Brussel sprouts leaves and blanch them.
- Make spaghettis (with the help of a machine) out of the yellow beetroot or cuti t julienne, put aside.
- Carve the onion into small triangles, marinate them into pickles.
- Wash the mustard leaves, put aside
FOR THE DRESSING
- Arrange the ingredients at the bottom of the plate as shown on the picture.
- Toast the bread and garnish it.
- Heat the soup and serve in a gravy boat
- Arrange truffle slices right before serving.
Content and picture credit: Gault & Millau