Vegan food was the fastest growing culinary trend of 2018 as the world is embracing compassionate eating - for animals, human health, and the environment.
Our chefs have put together some delicious vegan recipes that we will reveal throughout the coming months. Enjoy them!
|10 people||1 tart per person - 339 kcal per person
FLOURLESS BANANA SPONGE CAKE
WHIPPED CHOCOLATE GANACHE
1. Whip the eggs, icing sugar and ground almonds together.
2. Add mashed banana with a little lemon juice.
3. Add the melted clarified butter.
4. Make a meringue with the chickpea water and sugar. Gently add the meringue to the banana mixture.
5. Bake at 170°C for 15 minutes.
1. Heat the cream, glucose and inverted sugar.
2. Pour over the chocolate and mix. Add the cold cream and mix.
3. Leave to chill in the fridge for 12 hours.
4. Whip with an electric mixer.
Half Swiss, half Italian, Anne was trained by some of the best pastry chefs in Switzerland. Anne has traveled the world to share her passion and further her expertise in the art of pastry. Before joining EHL she has worked as head pastry chef in a renowned restaurant in Milan, and owned her own pastry shop in Switzerland.
Ehrhard Busch grew up in the family restaurant and has been passionate about cooking from a young age. After his studies and some years in catering, he decided to go perfect his French in Paris, where he joined Régis Douysset’s squad in ‘L’escarbille’. He then left for London to toin the famous “Atelier” of Joël Robuchon. His travels and his experiences have made him evolve in his vision of the profession, leading him to become a vegetarian. He has been living and working in Switzerland for the past six years and today he shares this vision at EHL and has created the Green Corner, a concept restaurant that offers a daily seasonal and vegan menu.