Due to increasing health awareness worldwide, consumers are seeking healthier, more refreshing substitutes for carbonated drinks.
Green smoothies serve as a powerful detox for the body, it is thanks to them that the metabolism improves, which, in turn, contributes to weight loss.
The benefits of green smoothies
- Cleanse, detoxify your body and restore the balance between acidity and alkalinity to prevent disease and health problems.
- Reduce your daily caffeine intake by replenishing your energy naturally.
- Encourage children who are not very keen on vegetables to eat them by mixing them with their favourite fruits.
- Lose weight more easily by eating them as snacks or as a meal substitute; due to the presence of antioxidants and phytochemicals, they will provide you with energy.
- Purify your blood because they are full of vitamins, enzymes and chlorophyll.
The EHL green smoothie
This smoothie is rich in Vitamins A, C and B6. It also contains potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium and selenium.
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 kiwi
- 1 banana
- 10 Cl coconut water
- Put all the ingredients in the blender
- Add more coconut water if necessary to obtain the desired consistency.
- Add agave nectar for a sweeter yet healthy option.
Remember! If you can’t find spinach, a couple of kale leaves will work just as well. If you can’t find either, you can also use lettuce.
Author: Nicolas Schweitzer, Lecturer Practical Arts overseeing operations and training students in various food and beverage outlets at EHL.